I make a lot of lists. To do lists. Wish lists of various kinds (what kitchen gadgets I most want, where I'd like to travel, etc). I thought it would be nice to make a list of some of my life goals, my manifesto if you will. Things that are important to me to achieve in my day to day life, regardless of their difficulty in being attained. Things I hope that by writing and publishing officially, I will further strive to achieve. A constant reminder.
PS The photo above is of one of my dad's beautiful roses. He has a garden full of them, all different shapes and colors, but this is one of my favorites I've photographed. Gorgeous, huh? I just wanted to share :)
My goals in life...
- To be happy as often as possible.
- To love my job and be successful at it.
- To always have a positive outlook.
- To live in New York City.
- To travel the world as much as possible.
- To appreciate beauty in the world, in all of its forms.
- To eat my favorite things without guilt or poverty as a result.
- To inspire people, in one way or another.
- To always be a good person, considerate of others, and as generous as financially possible.
- To never forget the people who have touched my life, both living and deceased.
- To always get enough sleep regardless of my work schedule.
- To never be afraid of change, because sometimes change is good.
- To remember that everything happens for a reason (it really does!), even if I can't see it at the time.
- To never be afraid of trying something challenging, and then falling down or feeling like a failure. Get back up. A failure is someone who gives up after they fall down, and lose hope. That's not me.
- To make the world a better place for the people in my life, and anyone else that crosses my path.
- To never give up on love.
- To spend as much time with the people I love as possible, even when life is hectic.
- To forgive and forget whenever possible, because life's too short to hold grudges.
- To always be myself. Everyone else is already taken :)